View Single Post
      04-18-2022, 12:30 PM   #8
golobulus5
Rep
Drives: 740ix, TTRS, E55

I currently have a 17 740xi with 56k miles. I bought it with 40 or 45, I cant remember. The only problem I have had with my car is the grill blinds. It gives a CEL but as stated above should be covered by bmw. The CEL currently went away and I am just waiting for it to come back for awhile to take it in. Other than that I have had no problems.

I have noticed some of the problems dc5525 mentioned but I honestly haven't seen a need to have them addressed. It might be that I can put up with the car having some minor problems more so than others. For example I have noticed that the passenger seat sensors have been a little sensitive. The seat would ding saying I have a passenger when I really don't have much weight on the seat. I would buckle the seat belt and it went away. This problem has not been consistent. My e55 would do the same thing sometimes so I never really payed it too much attention.

I have noticed that sometimes the AC doesn't blow that hard unless I hit max AC. So I might be having something going on there. It hasn't been anything that has been a major cause for concern though.

I haven't noticed anything with the brakes other than they suck. My car has a downpipe, tu hpfp and e40 tune so its much faster than stock and stock brakes are definitely not enough. I bought front m760 calipers pads and rotors for under 1k but haven't had them put on yet.

But for me I think its been fairly reliable. I love the car. Big, comfortable, looks good, pretty quick with mods. For me as long as it plays music, goes from point A to B and has working AC, I am ok if some stuff starts messing up, because there is a lot of stuff in this car that can go wrong.

Also now that I think about it one of the bolsters doesn't inflate when I put it in sport mode...........Oh well.
Appreciate 1