dc5525
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 740i Xdrive M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyE92 View Post
BMW has extended the warranty on earlier G12 cars in the USA on the shutters, which should cover the 2016 & 2017 models. They are a common failure point, but shouldn't be an issue for the OP. As he noted, the B58 is dead-reliable compared to the V8, so he should have little to no issues with that in the next 100K miles. It's everything else that may be problematic, and the issue is not just 7 series cars, but because the 7 series have so many features that there's just more stuff to go wrong.

Warranties give you good piece of mind, but they are not all equal and most have exclusions, deductibles and limitations. So when shopping, read the fine print and see if it really covers everything, or just the primary drivetrain items. Things like power seats, iDrive, comfort access, are probably not covered.

Remember too, when buying the car from a dealer, they make a huge amount of profit on these extended warranties. Everything is negotiable.

Best of luck!
Yes agree, to have extended my factory warranty three more years/36,000 miles (EXACT same coverage as original) would have been $8,600. Actually if purchased in August 2021 I would have only about 2 years and 3 months left.

I will roll the dice and bet anyone the amount of non wear & tear repairs over the next three years would be less than $8,600.

Last edited by dc5525; 05-08-2022 at 08:03 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0