Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '16 G11 730d, '18 F33 420d Cab

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLaneJB View Post
I'll probably be wanting to swap with yours after I find out I have to put a Shell garage on the census as my place of dwelling
Heh! I love the 730d for that I must admit...as I really only do the stupidly early or rather late runs on the M4/A34 to work each week and there is not much traffic at that time, I can average 44 mpg (admittedly set to the speed limit) and get roughly 820 miles to a tank...stunning. Even going cross country when the weather and light are good to enjoy the New Forest...I can get 38 mpg...mind you that is mostly in comfort plus as well so kinder to the throttle response! Sport or Adaptive are rather more thirsty but much more fun when the mood does hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLaneJB View Post
So roughly 300bhp+ I'd say you'd want xDrive in the UK to use it all year round. 300bhp or less and rear wheel drive is fine. Front wheel drive is for women / wives
Very true, The 265 bhp is fine for me and coming from Canada, one could say I've driven a bit in snow...

You can still break the rear end loose on wet if one wants to but not anywhere near as quickly or as much fun as the 300+ bhp that 325_bucks already has...

front wheel drive comment: I may refrain from telling the wife that though...I've been married long enough to know my place!
Appreciate 0