View Single Post
      05-23-2008, 06:11 AM   #1
harpoon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

BMW Col Crawford launch...but GTR was there

Hi guys. I went to the official 135 launch tonight at Col Crawford in Brookvale.

Was a good night and they have a couple of cars which are very close to my ideal spec (except sunroof and adaptive headlights) so I am test driving at 9 am and could be very tempted to buy one of them. One is AW the other is Black Saphire both with black leather. Both looked awesome. Took some pics but there were so many people there and I 'm a crap photographer so they are not worth putting up.

But as we were leaving I saw a bunch of people on another level of the complex at another launch and as we drove out a black flash came past me and stopped at the lights. I actually didnt notice it but my wife said - "Whats that?" So i look ahead and its the new Nissan GTR. The lights tuned green and this thing was gone in a moment. So quick it was ridiculous. They must have been taking people for drives in it - at pace. It sounded incredible and looked so aggressive. I would love one but I have been banned by the wife who fears for my well being.:smile:. Not to mention the extra 70k which I really can't afford.

But anyway. I've booked the first test drive tomorrow at 9am for the 135 and can't wait.

Have to say the sales guy new every detail of all the options and was very helpful. I almost gave my credit card details on the spot for the black one but mrs harpoon talked some sense in to me.:smile:
Appreciate 0