01-16-2020, 11:43 AM   #12
Daans
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: Bmw 440ix grand coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 740I_yeye View Post
I was accelerating and this drivetrain malfunction came up and the car was shaking and there was reduced power. After switching it on and off twice the message remained but then after pushing the car in manual modes it went away and the car was perfectly fine and I accelerated it extensively. Then after I got out to my destination and came back everything was fine. I pushed the car multiple times and nothing. However I could feel a slight shaking at acceleration. Then the dreaded warning light came back on and I decided to just leave the car and drive home at 60mph with no pressure on it. When I got home I switched it on and off after 5 minutes to try to reset it but it remained. Then after around 10 minutes of normal driving it went away and that's where I'm at now. I've asked for a call from bmw to get it serviced but I was wondering if anyone has any idea what this is due to? The car has only done 13,000 miles it is a MY16 and all services have been carried out at bmw.
Thanks in advance much appreciated
Hi, I had the same on my display from my GC 440iX. '17 brought him to the dealer, anyway It took a while before they found it.
What color do the exhaust pipes have? Mine were dirty(black).
The good thing was that it was warranty of BMW.
My problem was that something else than just air came in the cylinder( a poor combustion in the cylinder , so you should think there was a turbo"thing"...
Different new parts on it and a couple weeks later I got my car back in "perfect shape"
I don't think you can solve it by a OBD reset or something... just go to the dealer!
Good luck👍
Appreciate 0