View Single Post
      04-19-2019, 11:50 AM   #3
DMAX745i
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E65, F01, F01, now G12

17- Now for the fun stuff. I must mention that all these steps should work on most available car wrapping materials. Just check reviews if you plan to purchase different brands of vinyl. What your looking for is a material with a good 4-Way stretch.

Make sure your piece is again perfectly centered so you dont come short on edges.

Now you can peel back the backing covering exposing the sticky side of the material that will stick to the grill surface

18- Using scissors or the slide knife, cut off the backing to the material making sure to have the piece centred. Remember, you dont want to be stuck short of the edges. 🙈 and be careful not to touch the sticky side with your hands as oils can transfer onto the glue and affects the stickiness of the vinyl to the grill surface.

19,20&21- This step is optional, but if your new to wrapping, id recommend it as it makes it easier to peel back mistakes. Lightly spray the water/soap mix to both the grill and the vinyl. Not too much as youll be popping water bubbles forever once your done wrapping the grill. 😂😂

22,23&24- Now you can fold the vinyl over onto the grill and starting from one corner, work your way around the top face of the grill making sure the vinyl piece is still centered so that you dont come short on any edges.
Attached Images