View Single Post
      04-19-2019, 08:40 PM   #5
DMAX745i
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E65, F01, F01, now G12

33,34&35- Warm up the vinyl with heat gun/hair dryer and start to pull the material. I started at the top of the grill and made my way towards the corner.

36&37- Work your way all around making sure to use a little more heat around the corners to allow the material to stretch without causing any wrinkling. If you find that your having a hard time getting the vinyl to male it around a corner, peel back the material a bit, add more heat and get more stretch out of the vinyl and you will avoid any wrinkling in the final product. If using a Heat Gun, be careful not to overheat the material as it will cause permanent blemishes in the finished product. Work your way around the whole outside of the grill focusing on the outside of the frill first.

38- Prior to wrapping the inside, youll need to make small relief cuts to allow the material to stretch around the inner circles. Extra heat will be needed to get the material to stretch enough around the inner corners. This is why you need a good 4 way stretch vinyl. Work your way all around the inner edges.

39- This photo is of the other grill but i wanted to show how you fold the vinyl over and then trim off the excess. When doing the final foldover of the vinyl, youll want to use a lot of heat to ensure good activation of the glue. Fold the material over and press firmly. Dont worry about extra material or making it pretty, the excess will be trimmed off after with the Xacto knife. Do this on the inside and outside edges and VOILA 💪

40&41- Your grill is now complete. Do the same thing for the other side and your ready for re-installation.
Attached Images