Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
An LCI 328i. We had a number of N54 and N55 cars before it. It wasn't the motor. It was the steering, the suspension, the overall numbness and the over complication of getting the correct inputs at each startup to make it even remotely fun. If you just got in and drove it, it was a truly wretched car. If you got all the right button pushes, it was a little less wretched.

Generally when I sell any car, I wonder what I'll miss about it and if the replacement will be as good. When the F30 left, I knew I had nothing to worry about.
I drove several examples of the F30 when it first arrived in the US. I had one for a week as a loaner while BMW N.A. was trying to figure out the oil life monitor issue the E90 has. It was like in one fell swoop, BMW forgot how to make a proper sports sedan. It was astonishing. Bad.

Worst was, with just a week in between, while the Hummer was in for warranty work, I had a Cadillac ATS for a week as a loaner after I had the F30. I figured out where the BMW DNA went; Cadillac found it and used it for the ATS.
Yeah, it replaced an E84 X1 35i. Since we couldn't get a 335i E91, that was as close as we could get. But it was a fantastic car, with a JB4 it surprised a lot of cars. But most importantly, all of the controls were sorted. Steering was great, brakes felt great and even the suspension was good. The F30 messed all of that up. I'd hoped the LCI would have fixed some of what was wrong with the early F30, but if it did, it was a really minor change. I've heard the G30 got it back on track, but it's so large I don't really have any interest in it now.

The ATS was great, they just had cheap interior bits and awful resale. The CT4 BW fixed the first part, but I doubt the second. I debated grabbing one when my Golf R sank, but I decided to just wait for the next one. Still waiting.
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh17309.00