AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staszek View Post
Agree with you there, but the 7 still handles boat like. It has sharp reactions to bumps yet still floats in corners.

I dont need it to handle like a 3 and it should not, although it handles worse than our x5 which ride is not rough, and its light years behind the feel of the E38 which while older is only a few hundred pounds lighter.

The 7 used to look big and drive small, the new one is big and it drives big. Still better than an S class, but not like it was.

I may have been outvoted by the buyers and they all wanted it to be more S class like.
Drive the 7 is sport mode and corner floating is not there. Even adaptive mode. I have test driven X5 and consider its ride unacceptable. It is too harsh and it handles like a truck (which it is). Add Integral adaptive steering to a seven and it handles like a 5. I had an E38 and IMHO the G12 is a far superior car. I had an S class, and I think the G12 and S class are the only real competition in the category.
Appreciate 1