AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerXdrive View Post
Yikes spending your dollars for something your're not completely happy with or like. I've done this once or twice with cars and I wasn't happy until I got rid of them.
No, its not that I'm not completely happy. I'm looking forward to it. It's just that there isn't a car out there that is perfect in every way. Styling is just one factor in my car decisions, and here the verdict goes to the new 7, as I want a great road car that is fun to drive, and I love the new technology. My other choice was a S class, which I seriously considered until I test drove one. It was nice, beautifully put together, butt the handling was inferior to my current G12. I was impressed by the MB, but way happier in my G12 when I got into it after the test drive. The BMW approach to handling is different than MB, and more to my liking. And the BMW approach to technology is more intuitive than MB (for me, at least; others may differ). So in the end, dealing with the nose is outweighed by more important factors - to me. YMMV, and I'm not going to argue with anybody for whom the front end is a absolute no-go. They're entitled to their opinion - and so am I.
Appreciate 1