View Single Post
      11-10-2022, 04:20 AM   #9
Chalimon
Rep
Drives: BMW G12

The 7 series is way better, but not the same price since you are coming up on tons of regular maintenance (oil, transmission fluid, spark plugs, coolant etc ...). Plus the V8 will need to have its turbo replaced eventually (might have already been done once).
That being said, if you have the money and/or work on it yourself, then take the 7 series all day.
If you do not, then don't take it, it will cost you a lot. Per example, a local BMW indie shop quoted me $2300 to replace 2 motor mounts (cost around $150 for both), so I will do it myself, seems like a few hours job at most.

Did already 4 things myself in 5 months of ownership, which would have cost me an arm and a leg at almost any car shop.

Vehicle is easy to work on though (at least the 740i I have). The V8 might be a little less accessible to work on.

Also, if you get a 750i, get one with the Bower Wilkins, it is worth it. Harman Kardon is very bad (my 2011 hyundai has a much better sound system) and I had to replace all speakers in my 740 ($1300 more just for the better speakers) but it sounds now a whole lot better.

Good luck 🤞
Appreciate 0