02-16-2023, 01:53 AM   #25
billy.gif
Private
Finland
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimo5 View Post
I made few pictures how mine looks. There might be some country/market specific differences too. Dont mind the Smartphone apps section, this comes from AAIdrive app for Android. Also Online Mail should be under communication menu. Make sure you have done serivces update under ConnectedDrive options menu.

I also coded BMW Apps 6NR to my car and native smartphone app list came up. No Web Radio though, but that is okay I guess as with smartphone apps, you can stream internet radio stations from those apps directly. Maybe this was their thinking in the first place when (or if!) they decided to remove Web Radio app. At any rate, you need 6NR for that and iPhone. With Android, you just need the AAIdrive app and it will give you all the same functionality and much more.

EDIT: Also there should be some apps under the Navigation menu, like coutry info, find petrol stations and such. Not entirely sure if these are part of the BMW Online that comes with Connected Booster Package or are standard scope, but I think part of the package.
I have a German imported pre-LCI G12 with iDrive 5 and even with all the "Connected" stuff paid I do not have any of those special apps like Amazon Alexa -service or Spotify? I have only wiki, Flickr, weather and news which all appeared only after I paid the "Connected Booster" -package.

Apparently my car is also lacking the "6NR" -option? Here's all of the "6xxx" options listing of my car (MY2017), maybe you could verify my assumption, sir:

06AE Teleservices
06AG eDrive services
06AK Connected Drive Services
06AM Real-Time Traffic Information
06AN Concierge Services
06CP Preparation Apple CarPlay
06F1 Bowers & Wilkins High End Sound System
06FR Fond Entertainment Experience
06FV Online entertainment
06NB Rear compartment telephone
06NW Telephony with wireless charging
06U8 BMW gesture control