View Single Post
      02-16-2023, 10:35 AM   #30
Raimo5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 740d xDrive (G11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy.gif View Post
I have a German imported pre-LCI G12 with iDrive 5 and even with all the "Connected" stuff paid I do not have any of those special apps like Amazon Alexa -service or Spotify? I have only wiki, Flickr, weather and news which all appeared only after I paid the "Connected Booster" -package.

Apparently my car is also lacking the "6NR" -option? Here's all of the "6xxx" options listing of my car (MY2017), maybe you could verify my assumption, sir:
Your car indeed comes without BMW Apps 6NR option. As mentioned above, this is only for Smartphone Apps integration. It will give you a library of your music apps so you can control and browse them directly from your car instead of phone itself. 6NR, as far as I understand, is for iPhones only. If you are Android user, then you can use app called AAIdrive that will give all those same functions and more without needing 6NR.

If you are an iPhone user, then this functionality can easily be programmed in via dealer or a third party, but will require an FSC enabling. I see that you also have Apple CarPlay preparation. Not sure what this "preparation" entails, but if you use iPhone, then I think it is more useful to go CarPlay route. It will give you more functionality. Regardless of what is in options list of the car when it came from factory, both BMW Apps and CarPlay can be rather easily fitted afterwards via coding.

Regarding 'Vehicle apps' - these come from the Connected Booster Package that you have ordered. As I mentioned previously, the selection of apps that are available might be market dependent. I have my car registered with German ConnectedDrive portal, as we dont even have ConnectedDrive store here in Estonia, for my car at least. At any rate, I suggest you update the BMW Services under ConnectedDrive 'OPTIONS' menu so that you know this is not a limiting factor. Also make sure you are logged in with your CD credentials in that menu. I will also attach a picture of digital services that came with my Connected Booster Package. You can compare those against yours to see if they match.

Also the car region should change automatically these days if the ConnectedDrive registration has been done properly. You can confirm this by logging in to your ConnectedDrive portal, selecting BMW CarData and then requesting CarData report. Once the report is compiled, it will also specify the currently assigned region of the vehicle.

@Rioskis I found this thread regarding TV. Symptoms seem to match so check it out - https://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1635787
Attached Images

Last edited by Raimo5; 02-16-2023 at 10:46 AM..
Appreciate 2