02-17-2023, 01:29 AM   #33
billy.gif
Private
Finland
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rioskis View Post
So.. I called to ConnectedDrive today. They said my car is in Finland ragion and they have no idea why I can’t see tv. They said it’s nothing to do with booster package. I said I know but still why I can’t see so there wasn’t an answer for me. I went to bmw dealer in raisio and they have no idea also.. so there is nothing to do for me �� of course I can try to write an email where you sent me but I think it will not help. I even said that for someone the car was imported from Germany and he can see tv. Anyway they said my car normally connected and the region is normally Finland.
Sorry to hear this. Raimo5 linked the post and at least some of the peoples there had their TV working after asking dealership to update firmware of the car. Post from summer 2022:

A simple software update seems to have fixed the TV issue for me.

I'm now running on

NBTevo_Y21432J

Telephone and Media: TB/MB -007.039.008 respectively

Can you check out which software your car is running? Lets compare it to my car; 2018 740Le German import. Mine had just a major service so the software ... well should be latest.

Please go to:

iDrive settings -> Software update -> Show current version

-If your car is due service I think they will do this "complimentary", at least if you ask them nicely In my experience 7-series owner gets different "customer service" than 2/3 series owner, you'll get things "complimentary" especially if you're being polite and nice at the service desk

But don't always trust the "service manager" (guy who sits at the desk)! I've had multiple experiences with them where they say one thing and the reality is different... Especially the younger ones, they really are just "I m just working here, I have no clue other than what PC screen says".

I'd go to (maybe different) official BMW dealer and kindly ask them to update your car software as a "complimentary" as the TV-function is "acting up".

I'll post pictures of my software as soon as I get to my car!
Appreciate 2
Rioskis14.50
Raimo5181.50