View Single Post
      02-22-2023, 09:14 PM   #11
Rioskis
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw 740Le x drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimo5 View Post
You have it. Option S2VH - Integral Active Front Steering. I don't know why it is called Integral Active 'Front' Steering in all VIN decoders, but that is the correct option there.

Integral active steering doesn't only mean rear axle steering, but also variable ratio steering. There is a different front steering rack with this option as well. Whether it is 12V or 24V rack depends on the vehicle variant. Without S2VH option, you have a fixed steering ratio along the steering wheel movement. With S2VH, the steering ratio adjusts depending on vehicle speed and drive experience mode selected.

EDIT: Attached the functional and technical documentation regarding standard EPS and HSR (Integral Active Steering).
Thank you Raimo again! But hmm in the parking place how should I see if the wheels move a little bit. Never saw that. I need somehow to figure out. Also I can’t turn on or turn off this. There is no any button for this. And I have no idea it is good or bad to have it. Of course it helps for parking I guess when your car can park itself. But my car can’t park itself.
Appreciate 0