03-01-2023, 10:37 AM   #5
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sredmyer View Post
I have a few things I know I want but I would also like to learn what else might be possible. The things I know of are...
1) Turn off the auto start/stop
2) Turn off the disclaimer screen at start up
3) Turn on full screen CarPlay
4) Add one touch blinker 5 times option

Would also like to learn if it is possible to add remote start. My car has the self parking feature (from the Display Key which I do not have). That feature needs the ability to start the car so it seems that remote start should be possible.

As to what version of iDrive I have, I am not sure. I believe (from reading posts on this forum) that it is iDrive 6 but I really do not know how to tell the difference.

Thanks,
Steve
Here's a link to the Bimmercode website that lists all the things that are codeable for the G11. Just click on the topic and it opens to reveal what is capable and what control module that it is in: https://bimmercode.app/cars/g11/

Bimmercode is really easy to use and for the cost of the app and the OBD II dongle or cable...you can code what you want when you want...or put it back if you don't like it. And most of all...if something happens like BMW has to update software or a module on your car that wipes out all of your coding...you won't have wasted your money in having to pay someone to re-code the car. You will already have the app and hardware to do it yourself.

If you are apprehensive about coding...there are tons of videos on youtube that shows how to do it and how easy it is to do.

In regard to what version of iDrive you have...just press the OPTION button next to your iDrive control knob and look for VERSION.

In regard to the one-touch /5 blink...it depends on model year and what control modules you have. My 2015 F06 650ix GC will not do the 5 blinks regardless of coding...but my 2014 F15 X5 did take the coding. But they have different modules. The F06 lighting is controlled by the FRM module...whereas the F15 lighting is controlled by the BDC module.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 1