View Single Post
      03-03-2023, 07:32 AM   #7
Raimo5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 740d xDrive (G11)

I'm not entirely sure as I haven't opened any of those power distribution boxes, but it doesn't state that these are non-serviceable anywhere in the documents, unlike rear fuse box Z3. From the looks of it, there should be 150A fuses in there that are p/n 61139283441.

I mentioned that there could be a problem upstream from this box, and that comes increasingly more important when dealing with collision scenarios. I should have mentioned that before and I'm sorry I didn't. Front power distribution box is connected to B+, but it is not connected directly to battery, but to rear fuse box Z3. This fuse box connects B+ power to Z4, but it is internally switched by a relay that is controlled by Advanced Crash Safety Module (ACSM). Now, the collision wasn't too severe as you mentioned, but anything can happen and that is why it is necessary to physically trace the discontinuity to its source.

If you have power on connection Z4*1B, then all is good there, but if not, then fuse box Z3 might be your actual issue. Either way, fuses in Z4 can be checked and I think also serviced. If you are going to do that, then identification of proper fuse in there is critical, as it has fuses on both sides of the power plane.

I will attach wiring diagram and schematic for fuse f401.

Glad you got gear inhibitor sorted out. Mind I ask how you came to this conclusion? Were there trouble codes set for low fluid level/pressure and how did it end up with low fluid level in the first place?

I'm from Estonia, so across the pond. I'm not a technician, but I do love to wrench on cars and troubleshoot them. I have a passion and love to share it by helping others, so others could enjoy their vehicles to the fullest as well. And should I see a chance to learn something new then all the more reward from it.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf EBO-EBO-EO0000004144.pdf (357.8 KB, 26 views)
File Type: pdf SSP-BTS-SP0000059776.pdf (238.0 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by Raimo5; 03-03-2023 at 07:44 AM..
Appreciate 0