Thread: Apple Car Play
View Single Post
      03-08-2023, 02:59 PM   #54
Moopai
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M850GC Tanzanite Blue Metallic

I don't believe the coding is the issue, as I said two different guys in two different countries did the coding. What's the chances for both to have bad coding?

As to your assumption comment, I'm not under any assumptions, it was a reality to me and was an expensive one! The crap that was happening was mind boggling... Just to give you few examples, I would be driving and all of sudden I get a message on the iDrive that the driver or passenger seat is being adjusted when no one touch the seats for any adjustments. The screen would reboot 3, 4 and 5 times in less than 30 minutes. I don't believe the 2016 has the proper hardware to support ACP otherwise the dealer would've been the first to activate this feature at a cost. I remember before getting the two guys on this forum to activate it, I asked my dealer if they can do it and told them I'm willing to pay for the service but was advised that it cannot be done on my car. The reason I believe the 2016s don't have the proper hardware to support ACP, when BMW introduce ACP in the 2017s. model, they only offered it to run on half of the screen and not the full screen (most likely the processor cannot support the graphics and the processing of the data when using as an example Google maps or music etc.). So even the 2017s were not fully equipped to run ACP properly... I know there are people of this forum with 2017s that coded their cars to get the full screen but I'm not sure if they are experiencing any issues.

Now I pay BMW $120 a year to use the Traffic Info on the car map which ticks me off!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimo5 View Post
No, I dont. I am not aware who or how did this CarPlay coding for you and that coding might as well be the issue. Why are you under an assumption that this feature is inherently faulty? It's not, and in 99,9% of cases it works perfectly.
Appreciate 0