View Single Post
      03-09-2023, 08:23 PM   #12
g11hoonigan
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 740i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllIn216 View Post
A month in, and so far so good. What a great driving, comfortable car! I'm crushing the EPA estimates, averaging 25.4mpg thus far. I certainly didn't select this car for its economy, but still a nice surprise.

One weird thing I'm noticing is with the maintenance reminder system. It keeps hovering at 9,000 miles until my next "scheduled" oil change. It's said 9,000 since I got it, and I've gone about 2,000 miles. I will be changing it early anyway, but I'm wondering if I should be concerned that something isn't functioning properly. Or do you think the miles I'm driving are that unusually "easy" and the computer is taking that into consideration?
Same here. It always resets to 9k miles. But when the dealer did the oil change and reset, it's 10k miles. It didn't matter enough for me to spend time knowing the reason behind. And like what you said, we're changing it well ahead anyway that it doesn't really matter. Long drives accelerate the oil life counter quicker even if you're just taking it easy.
Appreciate 0