03-26-2023, 04:54 PM   #1
jokerswld34
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760li

Garage List
2019 BMW M760i  [0.00]
After about 28k, My M760i was due for a brake replacement, both front and rear. Pads were low and rotors were starting to vibrate badly.

The only complaint I have about this car is that the brakes are a bit underwhelming for such a fast and heavy car. I am a bit disappointed it didn't come with either the 6 pot M brakes or Carbon Ceramics as standard since either would've been a better braking system for this beast. but it does have massive rotors (396mm front and 398 mm rear) and the f90 M5 rear calipers so it got me thinking maybe I could improve the brakes since I have to service them anyway.

I first looked at swapping the fronts to the 6 pot M brakes but the company that makes a mounting bracket for them was about 10-12 weeks out for production. I couldn't wait that long So I started looking for rotor and pad upgrades .

With a little help from my dealer to confirm sizing, I ended up purchasing Dynamic Friction Carbon Alloy performance discs (Slotted) for the front, OEM rear discs and EBC Bluestuff NDX track/street pads front and rear from buybrakes.com. Great company and helpful. Not a lot of options for this car so I was very lucky to find the slotted fronts in stock. Rears were unavailable so OEM was the only option.

Fitment was excellent and the slotted front rotors look awesome. I chose the slots instead of drilled because I went with the EBC pads which are more track focused and the slots will help keep the pads in good shape. Brakes are very quiet and seem to have much better cold bite than the OEM pads. I'm still in the break in period before I perform a bed-in so I havent really tested the pads but I'm going to bet they will be a pretty significant upgrade over the OEM.

I'll follow up with feedback after the bed in process but feel free to ask any questions if you're interested in upgrading your brakes.

I also am having a full t titanium exhaust custom made for the V12 so will have videos of that in the near future
Appreciate 0