cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Sheesh, so I tried for 15 minutes to navigate the IRS phone tree to get to a human. No luck. Stuck in endless loops. It's like some shitty 1970s era game before we had computers. I finally Googled "how to talk to an IRS agent" and found these steps that actually worked...sort of... After following the map below I got a message saying call volume was so high they couldnt talk. Try later. Too many calles to even put me on hold, LOL. Guess I'll try again tomorrow in the AM as cmyx6go advised.

• The first question the automated system will ask you is to choose your language.
  • Once you’ve set your language, do NOT choose Option 1 (regarding refund info). Choose option 2 for “Personal Income Tax” instead.
  • Next, press 1 for “form, tax history, or payment”.
  • Next, press 3 “for all other questions.”
  • Next, press 2 “for all other questions.”
  • When the system asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, do NOT enter anything.
  • After it asks twice, you will be prompted with another menu.
  • Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
  • Finally, press 4 for all other inquiries. The system should then transfer you to an agent.

Let them ask you for your SSN 2x, then the secret menu is unlocked! WTF.
I was going to give you the number I called but I see it is specifically for refund status and requires a reference number which my accountant supplied. Sorry. Good luck.