Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E85

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavesZupra4 View Post
Behold, the year 2080.

All Cars are electric.

You have to pay taxes for each mile you drive.
You are NOT allowed to modify your car due to uncrackable ecu and or can't change the interior because everything has sensors to detect change and if you do, you have to pay a large fee and second time the car is taken away from you forever while you STILL have to payout the car in FULL, and are prevented from driving for 1 year and prevented from owning a car from their brand that you modified.

You can't change your own tires. You have to pay to install tires that have unlockable downloadable features which you have to pay for to get tread for snow or rain etc because tires are advanced. The tires have a mile limit and once you pass it (usually 1/5th the life of the tire), your car can't go faster than like 20mph even though the tire is good, they force you to buy new ones for more profit.

The car comes extremely basic, all the options are rentals. You have to pay monthly for ac, radio, creature comforts, etc etc. Only you can drive your car because it constantly checks your eyes and or fingerprints to confirm it's you. It won't let anyone drive and you can't approve anyone because the car is tied in your name, and your also CONSTANTLY watched by cameras in the car ans they have FACE recognition tech and KNOW who's with you and where you are.

Cars are also limited in acceleration and now 0-60 is always 15 seconds, ONLY DEALERS CAN REPAIR CARS. No more local mechanics. Sports cars are banned and speeding once puts you in jail for life, otherwise cars basically drive themselves in cruise Control. Your not allowed to fix your own car otherwise you void your warranty and lose your car and have to pay for it. If you keep fixing cars your jailed for 30 years.

SO Yea, you get the gist of it. Let's just hope unfettered capitalism doesn't give us a dystopia lol
You don't remember the color difference of 55 on the gauge? Hell didn't someone write a song about it

You're thinking about this allllllll wrong. By then I'm sure I'll be way dead from natural causes. RIGHT NOW are available conversions to electric. Ford came out saying the electric motor in the Mach E will be available as a crate motor for DIYers to convert to electric. Over my dead body will my E86 go to the crusher before the last push comes to shove to force anyone to 100% ownership of electrics. I will convert my E86 and still enjoy my far outdated infotainment system that DOESN'T cause any type of distraction. I see Touch screens being outlawed far before any of this. Look at how keeping you "connected" went with just phones. States started going hands free blue tooth for anyone who had a car that didn't have phone connect capability. I honestly see Touch screens ONLY when in auto pilot more in the near future. It'll be equal to distracted driving for "being on the phone" now it'll read "rear ended car for switching music apps on the touch screen" All the while I'll be in what ever I converted with NO touch screen paying attention to the road forced to swerve for you to not hit my ass because you had to change the radio station and took your eyes off the road or your auto pilot F'ed up. I know a rant but really...what are all the ICE cars being recycled to? Junk yards are going to be the business of the future. The only solution would be Wall-E for the massive amount of ice junk that would be out there?

After all if you're going to make a flying time machine, why not do it in style

Last edited by Piper1; 01-31-2023 at 08:05 PM..
Appreciate 0