View Single Post
      09-18-2014, 10:08 AM   #1
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Compilation of MAHA dyno results from Sport Auto Supertest

I thought it would be interesting to compile a number of MAHA dyno sheets as per Sport Auto Supertest.

I hope this can be of relevance as regards understanding differences between various dyno results and various dynos. As another member here also said, the MAHA LPS 3000, as used in most of the Supertest measurements, is also accepted in German Courts as evidence on engine power. Further, MAHA dynos are also approved by many manufacturers, including BMW, to measure engine performance.

When I started looking at the MAHA dyno sheets in a more systematic and detailed manner, it struck me that the dyno seems to be very close to manufacturer ratings, with two exemptions where the MAHA measured a higher PS rating than manufacturer claims. This was the 991 Turbo S (8% higher) and the M4 (also 8% higher).

Unfortunately, the M4 Supertest doesn't state which type of MAHA dyno that was used, but I will not put any emphasis on that since it in general seems the MAHA consistently gets real close to a real/realistic crank PS number.

As we also have discussed, we had one claimed MAHA result, from the US, at 453PS in the US. We haven't seen a dyno chart for this and we don't know if it was PS or HP, nor which correction factor that was used. But, 465PS is 458HP, so it might have been a MAHA set up for US/imperial HP instead of metric PS. If so, these two results would only be a few HP/PS apart...
Attached Images

Last edited by Boss330; 09-18-2014 at 10:18 AM..
Appreciate 0