06-19-2021, 02:41 PM   #28
krautmeister
krrrraaauuuuut
United_States
Rep
Drives: G12 750i X Drive M-Sport

Garage List
G12 750i  [0.00]
I get the draw to the bigger cars…. A lot of young guys running around in the 3 series. It is sporty but pending where you live, even higher spec 3s have become a bit of a commodity.

"Investment" advice aside… it sounds like you're in a good place (no judgement if you have "family subsidies")… you have to enjoy yourself at some point, but the expectations should be that you should be prepared for some maintenance costs with these cars.

I will say this, maybe it's me, but I live in the city and the G12, not unwieldy like a Suburban, but it's a bit big to zip around. My F10 550i was big enough to be comfortable and small enough to zip for me. It's not cavernous for rear facing baby seats (but I'm guessing that's far off for you), but comfortably transporting friends about for sure.

I would highly recommend a G30 M550i or a M5 (if you're looking for the M car). It was quiet and calm when you need it, and fast when you need it. I would have stayed 5 series but needed a more long distance cruiser car since we are driving everywhere with my family now.
Appreciate 0