View Single Post
      06-19-2021, 09:16 PM   #29
Moopai
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M850GC Tanzanite Blue Metallic

Hi there,

The 750 is an amazing car, luxury, looks great (speed and comfort) and can definitely make a lot of sports cars on the road look like a joke if you want to have fun! If you know what I mean...

Keep in mind coming from an M5 to a 7 is going to feel like a big change, the car will feel a lot bigger and heavier at first but you will get use to it quickly. The M550 is a great car as well and more sporty than the 7 especially if you get it with carbon-fiber package. I'm not sure I get your comment on the M550 not having the same available options as the M5! The M550 has soft closer doors, B&W, digital climate control front and back and most if not all of the M5 luxurious features. In fact there are many reviews out there that prefers the M550 over the M5 from a comfort point-of-view and for an everyday drive and NOT performance. Regarding reliability of the 7, in my opinion it's luck, you could luck out and drive it for several years with no issues like many members here include me or sometimes issues could start from first year. Getting a CPO is definitely a good idea and if you can extend it beyond two years it's even better.

That being said at the end of the day it will be a personal preference, my recommendation is to drive a 2018 750, M550 as well as M550 GC which I think is a great looking and fun car to drive. I think my next car will be an M550 GC!

Good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iranjha View Post
Hello all,

I'm turning 22 later this year and have been fortunate to enjoy the F90 and all the excitement that it brings when you push the pedal to the floor. However, in the past year or so I've grown to start appreciating luxurious interiors and less aggressive rides a bit more (think M550 as the sweet spot for me).

There aren't a whole lot of adequately spec'd M550s sitting on lots and the F90 spoils you with some things that I've come to realize aren't available even as options in any of the other 5 series variants (think digital climate settings, soft close doors, etc).

On to my questions:

- There are some amazing deals on CPO 2018 750s that are fully loaded. How are the reliability on these cars? I'm looking sub 20k miles. Any insight?
- How does the 750 compare to the M5? I know they're both V8s (but obviously heavier and boat-ier) but does it ride more like an M550 or a 540 potentially coming from an F90?
- Are there any younger people sitting in 750s and enjoying it lol?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Moopai; 06-19-2021 at 09:22 PM..
Appreciate 0