Thread: M5 versus 750
View Single Post
      08-11-2021, 02:12 AM   #33
Frankjake
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 550i

Iranjha,
Funny to find this post. I’m way past 22 but still love to drive a car like I was 22. Im on my 9th BMW and my favorite by far has always been a 5 series with a V-8 and sport everything. Never interested in a 6cyl. Also couldn’t afford an M5 but each 5 series from my 540 to my last 550, I absolutely loved the power and handling and each little detail one had over the other, such as active steering. Absolutely loved it!

So I wanted to try something different and test drove a 2016 750i pretty much fully loaded. I will be 100% honest, I frickin love the car. It handles very sporty, corners excellent and just as “get up and go” as my 2013 550i. I have no regrets. And from what I understand, there are a couple of “tunes” you can buy that will make the 750 quote Feel like a rocket unquote according to the person writing the post.

But like everyone suggests, only you’ll be able to judge by at least a test drive. Those luxury features you didn’t think you’d care about until you’re 50, are very nice at 22 that many 22 year olds don’t realize they CAN have both. Then there’s the fact an M5 is 3 times the price of maintenance as a non-M BMW including the 750i.

Good luck with your choice!
Appreciate 0