Thread: M5 versus 750
View Single Post
      08-11-2021, 04:45 PM   #35
Zodiac
Private
Rep
Drives: G11 750i, M5 E60, M6 F12

From my point of view, it all depends on your usage and what you want to get from the car.

I had similar "problem" lately: my idea was to add another M5 to my garage as a new daily and since I sold my G11 LCI (diesel powered, they are popular in Europe) with the same price I bought it 2 years ago due to the production problems, so I placed an order immediately.

I'm not 22 any more, but I was driving E65 7 series at that age and I loved it

M5 was fine for me: went for fully packed Competition model, to get the most of it. Ride was rough, sometimes unpleasant on bad quality roads, but for me it was OK. Unfortunately when I took my wife for the test drive, she said it may be a great car, but she won't be sharing the fun with me, as the overall comfort, especially the seats were something she cannot stand in M5 (she was coming from 7 series).

So in short, I have a perfect wife: she doe snot want much in life, she said she will accept everything that is just a 7 series and that is why I jumped into 750i for a daily. I am glad she has low expectations, otherwise I would have to get a Bentley or Rolls. I am a one lucky guy
Appreciate 0