12-26-2020, 11:33 AM   #54
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgpalmer71 View Post
Roughly 2 years from now if all goes to plan. When my daughter graduates highschool there will either be a new Model 3 performance or a used Model S in my garage......right between my E93 and my pretty cherry 1995 Lexus LS400. I can and will have a charger in which ever garage bay I decide is dedicated to the Tesla. I took a road trip with a friend in their Model 3 last year. I've been concerned about the charging time on road trips.....it wasn't an issue. We stopped to eat, just like I would've in my ICE vehicle, and by the time we were done so was the charging session....about 25 min or so.
The range stuff is a none issue for MOST people. My long range Model 3 does like 300 miles on a full charge. However like with a regular car that's assuming you are not flooring it all the time etc. Also I almost never charge it to 100%. So typically it sits around 250 miles. I can go anywhere I normally go to and never have to charge outside my garage. Even the furthest I go which is about an hour each way I don't have to recharge.

The few times I have used superchargers they are super convenient and FAST. There is one in this plaza I frequent. I will put it to charge go get lunch and by the time I'm back 15-30min it has typically added 100-150+ miles of range (depending on how many people are there, how low I am etc).
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25104.50