View Single Post
      07-14-2020, 07:45 AM   #846
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorLurker View Post
Kitchen remodel adds up really quickly. Before remodeling a kitchen, I thought kitchen faucets on the high end were $300 (Home Depot fancy section)

I was wrong!

Alfisti The place looks much better! You brought up a good point about moving! New property taxes! Cash out on your house, buy a new more expensive place and bam! You are paying $100k over 30 years just in property taxes. Plus - a new house rarely has every feature you and your wife want, so a nice remodel could sometimes be the way to go.
I live in a weird area that has about 20 lots with monumental yards for the location, try 80 X 375, 10 miles from downtown ...... these are HUGE urban yards. Mine is 65 x 125 for reference. So, i wanted to get into one of those mega lots, i just like space and was prepared to build a small house on it, say 2400 sq ft to save a few dollars.

But man, a lot that size you gotta landscape and the taxes are more than DOUBLE my house. Just made no sense but I still cringe every time i open my front door, i know what i want.
Appreciate 1
PoorLurker1136.50