View Single Post
      01-04-2023, 07:23 AM   #5
Bc2005
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

It depends a lot on the specific dealer. I get great service at the dealer in Alexandria, VA, but he is competing with at least a half dozen other dealers within about 20-25 miles. If he sucked I could easily go elsewhere.

I had a tire issue on the road and stopped at a BMW dealer in Minneapolis, where I think there are only two dealers within 100s of miles. When I initially called BMW from western North Dakota the help line guy almost laughed when he told me the nearest dealer was 600 miles away in the US or about 300 miles north into Canada.
The Minneapolis dealer SA did not even want to bother looking up my VIN to verify I have the Ultimate +1 warranty and BMW tire and wheel insurance. Then he started talking about needing to replace all 4 tires because that’s what they had to do with AWD when he was with Subaru, and his 5 dollar plastic pocket tire checker would verify the wear. I drove home (1200 miles?) with the flakey tire and the Alexandria dealer replaced it under insurance for $50. The only added cost was that he recommended an alignment because road impact is a common reason for a bulge.
I measured the wear on all tires myself with a digital micrometer, and I agree that they are all still within xDrive wear specs. Its not that hard.

Last edited by Bc2005; 01-04-2023 at 07:31 AM..
Appreciate 2
Soul_Glo13347.00
chad86tsi1605.00