Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24 M4 Comp RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine300zhp View Post
IIRC, Porsche did plan a mid-size sedan to compete with the 5/E/A6. Since it has not come to fruition, maybe Porsche saw the decline of car sales and shelved it? It's a shame, I think such a product, priced from 60-90k, would have been a good seller for Porsche.
Yeah I remember early in the decade seeing reports of Porsche developing a sub-Panamera "Pajun." There were even spy shots. I'm unsure if Porsche was really planning for a "Pajun" or those plans were for the Taycan all along.

BMW, Mercedes, and Audi sell a ton of their mid sized executive cars. A mid-sized Porsche sedan started in the $60-80k range would have been the perfect car for me.
You are correct. It was called the Pajun(I forgot the name until you mentioned it). You may be correct about that car being the concept Taycan OR perhaps the Pajun was scrapped and replaced with the Taycan when Porsche saw electric cars taking off..... As for why Porsche won't get into that category, I too am baffled. I think such a Porsche would do well if Porsche had the guts to make it.