06-09-2018, 05:53 AM   #2
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M760Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelo Cat View Post
Has anyone else had to update their sat nav maps manually?

I've had to do it twice now as the automatic update feature doesn't seem to be working...(I have checked and it is 'booked' in connected drive and everywhere seems to show it is active but it never updates.

Given that the manual download manager takes an age to download, verify and then save the maps to a USB (29 GB this time around!) it would be a far sight better to have it do this automatically...haven't phoned the concierge about this but maybe I will next time, just curious if anyone else has had to do this or if it is just me!

In Oct. 17 updated to 2017-3 map, and not updated until today from that map to 2018 -1.

Cheers, thanks for any feedback in advance.
I believe 2018-2 has just been released though not driven the car to see if it's downloaded. I suspect it won't have as it doesn't come up for download on BMW's site for a while after they've released it.

I always used to do the BMW M5 manually as it didn't auto update. I've a really quick Internet so it doesn't take long to download but updating the car takes quite a long time.

I still will probably do the car manually as the automatic update will only download the UK region for us, if you want to update your European maps you need to do the manual download.
Appreciate 0