Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '16 G11 730d, '18 F33 420d Cab

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLaneJB View Post
I believe 2018-2 has just been released though not driven the car to see if it's downloaded. I suspect it won't have as it doesn't come up for download on BMW's site for a while after they've released it.

I always used to do the BMW M5 manually as it didn't auto update. I've a really quick Internet so it doesn't take long to download but updating the car takes quite a long time.

I still will probably do the car manually as the automatic update will only download the UK region for us, if you want to update your European maps you need to do the manual download.
Thanks, thought I had seen some post that they now have 18-2 update but when I look closer that appears to only be North American cars, so not sure if they have yet released a European map update -2...please do let me know if so, I'll then check again on connected drive and see about downloading that one as well.

Good to know about the difference between UK and EU maps via method, would always want the continental maps for the odd trip I do over there (still haven't taken this dirty diesel over yet, hoping this Summer.

We have a measured 40 Mb download speed in ours, could get up to 200 but don't need it except for these 25+ GB map downloads! The issue I find is that the first 10 GB download quickly, then every 2.5 GB thereafter it stops (some internal system to allow many connections without hogging the bandwidth I guess, so one has to watch and then pause for a few seconds and then let it go again until the download is finished...defeats the overnight download idea...

Anyway, would be good to hear if anyone else in EU has 18-2 map, otherwise, it has updated since my last check so still going to be newer!

Did you notice the new feature FastLaneJB that it indicates when two Lasers are getting close to one another than then diverts one so that the local residents don't phone the 999 numbers saying there has been a nuke strike!

Safe travels,