View Single Post
      06-02-2015, 10:51 PM   #11
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
The reason I opted for an appliance NVR instead of a PC is for concealment. I haven't done this yet, but I plan on hiding the NVR some place in the house that I can run an Ethernet cable to along with available power. I also plan on having a small UPS to power the NVR. The foot print of the NVR and a small UPS should provide me with plenty of concealment options.

The site I've posted reviews of the Hikvision also did a test of the Dahua I'm considering. He has video of the PTZ function of the Dahua and it's very very impressive. The speed/response and the image quality is just shocking. But I'm also following your line of thinking that a PTZ is a nice to have toy. I'm thinking about just adding another Hikvision 3332 and calling it a day along with saving myself a lot of money in the process.

I also like the fact I can have different user logins for the cameras. The Hikvision I'm using for a baby cam...I have a couple of user accounts set up on it. One which my wife and I use and another that I have given to my in laws to connect up over the Internet. Plus I can set permissions on what they can and can't do with the camera.
That makes sense. I assume it just records 24/7, right? I've mine set up to record for a set amount of time where it keeps everything, then after that, only the motion detection. The idea of a UPS powering the NVR is not a bad idea. But what happens when the cameras get cut off also? Then I suppose they won't be recording either, right?

I saw the review on the PTZ you're mentioning. Insane how far you can zoom in. Do you ever shop on Aliexpress? The US resellers are literally twice as expensive as ordering it straight from China.
Appreciate 0