matowi
First Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: '24 X5 M60i

Garage List
2024 X5 M60i  [0.00]
Dears,

Just picked up a new G11 740d (European) from a dealer. Got it as an ex-demo car (in fact it was operated by an airline to shuttle first class passengers to their planes)

The car had around 3k miles (4.5k km) when I got it, so it's pretty new

As much as I like the car (especially the looks on 21" m performance wheels), I am rather disappointed and concerned with the noise level in the cabin

Road noise coming from the tires is low, engine noise is low, but the wind is unacceptable. At highway speeds there's no point turning the audio on, as the music would have to play really loud to break through the wind noise generated around the A and B pillars. I found myself fiddling with the side window buttons just to check if both front windows are closed all the way up. The noise is much above the levels I was used to in my 2015 F10, not to mention a Volvo V90 I had recently and which sported the double glazing feature and was dead silent inside

I will welcome any suggestions where to look for the causes of my car's wind problem. I did search through the forum before writing here, but haven't found much

Thank you!

And, oh… here she is:
Attached Images

Had: '15 F10 535d; '21 G11 740d
Appreciate 0