Rep
Drives: '24 X5 M60i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by g11hoonigan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by matowi View Post
Good point. Checked today, and…

1) must have downloaded a crappy dB app, or it's completely misaligned. On my iPhone 12, the read out was below 60 dB at 100mph (160 km/h). Impossible
2) both front doors generate similar wind noise
3) it's noticeably quieter in the back
dB app depends on the mic pick-up IMO.

Everyone has different thresholds for sound and my car has rougly the same 60dB (average) at that speed on concrete road - lowest reading is 57, highest is around 63-ish. It's too quiet in my book, even spooky-quiet sometimes.

Could it be that your ears have gotten used to quiet cabin that even the slightest noise (like wind) becomes very noticeable? I bet you might even hear a feather dropping on the floor

But hey, good luck! Hope you sort it out.
Well… Thanks

I am known for having replaced all doors in my house, as I was able to hear people talk in their rooms, without wanting to eavesdrop… and yes, I am overly sensitive to noises in my cars. I can recite from memory all creaks, rattles, and squeaks my past cars had… and how I detest the child seats… though, luckily, the one I currently have in the 7er is blissfully quiet (One of the newer BeSafe models, iSize compliant; highly recommended by the way!)

I am not letting my hopes. Will check with some professional car "silencers" and hope this will let me know more about possible ways forward

First world problems… not making a fuss about it

Had '15 F10 535d; '21 G11 740d
Appreciate 0