View Single Post
      11-27-2021, 03:41 AM   #4
ewoody
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M760e xDrive (2x)

Garage List
The installation is quite very basic...

I got a Apple TV 4K Box, a 12v 150w inverter, a short HDMI cable and a 12v extension cable.

To protect the installation I made a wood cover, so no one kicks against it and everything stays under the seat.

The inverter is connected to the front 12v cigarette lighter. If someone wants to use Apple TV, the driver connects it, otherwise it is off. I'm using a 12v extension cable as the converter cable is too short.

Apple TV is connected to the HDMI port in the back. I use the original remote control to select the apps and channels.

I'm using the Wi-Fi Hotspot function of my iphone 13. Unfortunatly Apple TV does not connect to the iphone automaticly, so I've to do it manually. I didn't find how to do it automaticly. As I told this works on 5G, so it works very well even here in Switzerland. Sure sometimes the picture blocks, but that is rare. If I use the car Hotspot (4G) its not so smooth.

I agree a professional would do a better build, but this is based on my knowledge and very simple to do. And it works! Also you can remove it without trace.

I've tried also a smaller inverter. But the fan was to noisy. The one I got is silent.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
KK22137.50