AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawguy View Post
Just curious…anyone with a high mile B7?

My CPO runs on my 2018 in 10 months. Trying to decide if it’s crazy to own the car without any warranty coverage (I do have a Zurich service policy on it, but wouldn’t mind getting the $4k back).
Why do you qualify "crazy to own the car?" It is a bit crazy to start with (yes, I am admittedly irrational, even with only a 750).
But "crazy" about a warranty is just a matter of risk tolerance. The likelihood of a catastrophic failure is low, so self insuring for some is an acceptable risk to take. By catastrophic I mean a major engine or drivetrain failure. But the risk of an electronic failure (e.g. DME controller or similar) or the head unit is something that would worry me, as these cars are really computers on wheels. So my own path would be to look for extended warranty coverage but not a policy that was drivetrain only. That's because I'd prefer the peace of mind to taking the risk. Your risk tolerance may be different.
Appreciate 0