View Single Post
      01-18-2022, 12:49 PM   #10
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

That's great that it all worked out. I was towing my track car through BF Kentucky years ago and had a flat on the truck. I couldn't lower the spare, called Chevy roadside, AAA and no one could get it down. I finally followed the AAA guy to a tire store and they plugged the tire for me, and a later trip to the Chevy dealer got the spare issue fixed.

Dealers have some discretion on repairs, but unfortunately the first line of defense is the service advisor, and their default mode is "customer pays".

I remember a Buick I had years ago with a clunking noise out of the front end. I brought it in for that and requested an alignment as well. They fixed the clunk under warranty, and the alignment was on me.

I asked what the clunk was, and they said "loose tie rod". I said, well, that's why the alignment was off. The SA says no. So I got the service manager over, and the SA asks him, "does the tie rod affect alignment?" He laughed and said "hell yes it does!"

I like it so much better when the SA (or SM) is a former mechanic.
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 0