United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
What year?
My 2017 540 is adequate but certainly not perfect
Once used to it you know it's limitations. I think the latest version in the latest cars is probably improved

For me in the U.K. for some reason it sits slightly to the left of the lane rather than centre . No idea why though

For me traffic jam assist seems to be the best part of the system , maybe the lower speeds help

Having said that I do use lane assist most if the time on the motorways if not in a rush
I use traffic assistant and think it works pretty well. Lane departure is useful too but IMHO lane assist is more annoying than useful. Frankly, it is a BMW and I'd rather steer it myself. If people are expecting some kind of perfect almost autonomous driving, then expectations will not be met and if you want to sit in a luxury car and have it drive you around, a Mercedes might be better.

Last edited by AlteBMW; 01-24-2022 at 01:28 PM..
Appreciate 0