View Single Post
      01-25-2022, 12:35 PM   #23
min
Rep
Drives: BMW 750D LCI (G11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matowi View Post
Well… Thanks

I am known for having replaced all doors in my house, as I was able to hear people talk in their rooms, without wanting to eavesdrop… and yes, I am overly sensitive to noises in my cars. I can recite from memory all creaks, rattles, and squeaks my past cars had… and how I detest the child seats… though, luckily, the one I currently have in the 7er is blissfully quiet (One of the newer BeSafe models, iSize compliant; highly recommended by the way!)

I am not letting my hopes. Will check with some professional car "silencers" and hope this will let me know more about possible ways forward

First world problems… not making a fuss about it

Hi Matowi,

Have you found a solution for the issue in discussion?
I am also sensitive to car noises - especially taking into account that I am also some sort of audiophile who's listening a lot to music on long car trips and silence on highway speeds was one of the reasons for choosing 7 series over 5 series (besides general confort etc). I have the car (Nov 2020 model - 750D LCI with ~5000miles/8000km on the clock) for just one month and in my case the noise can be heard from the upper frame of the driver's door. I haven't had the occasion to test-hear the right door but my wife (who also has sensitive ears ) didn't identify a similar noise on the passenger's door. The noise on the driver's door is similar to a window opened very-very little; the noise is not at all that disturbing as in your case/description but it's there and clicks on my brain . I will ask at the first inspection for a check of the issue but since it's quite discreet I don't have big expectations for a resolution.
One thing I had in mind is to repeat the test I did more than 10 years ago with a much more annoying whistle noise I had on an old Peugeot (it proved to be from the roof antenna in the end) - to seal with adhesive tape the driver's door, get in the car on the right door and make a drive-test. If there is no improvement -> remove the tape, seal only the driver's window and repeat test. I will not test the sealing of the mirror as well since in my case it's quite directional - upper door frame, so it's either the window seal or the door seal.
As soon as the weather gets better I'll make the test and post the results. In case you have any conclusion already please post.

Thanks,
Min.

PS: you car is almost a twin sister with mine
Attached Images

Appreciate 0