View Single Post
      07-12-2019, 05:14 AM   #1
Moopai
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M850GC Tanzanite Blue Metallic

Dealer Updated the Firmware of my 2016 750i

I managed to get my dealer to update the car firmware to the latest one. They had the vehicle on Tuesday for about five hours to get it programmed. When I picked it up, I noticed that the real-time traffic data is no longer there, no News or Weather information and other functions that I had on the vehicle when I picked it up last Friday.

I brought the car back to them yesterday, the service manager checked it himself and noticed the version on the MAPS is 2015 which means the car is not receiving any push MAP updates! Towards the end of the day, I received a call from my advisor asking me to leave it with them for another day as they are trying to figure out how to get these features back. She advised that they are working with BMW ConnectedDrive team to get to the bottom of this issue.

Any ideas what might have happened and why I lost all of these features?

On the positive side, I have a 2019 330i loaner with the new iDrive. I have to say I like more the iDrive/Dash that I have in the 750i than the new one! One feature to note on the 330 which I like, is when you approach the car the lights flashes but does not unlock unless you touch the door handle. Thanks
Appreciate 0