View Single Post
      07-12-2019, 08:36 AM   #2
jlin101
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i, 2016 750i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moopai View Post
I managed to get my dealer to update the car firmware to the latest one. They had the vehicle on Tuesday for about five hours to get it programmed. When I picked it up, I noticed that the real-time traffic data is no longer there, no News or Weather information and other functions that I had on the vehicle when I picked it up last Friday.

I brought the car back to them yesterday, the service manager checked it himself and noticed the version on the MAPS is 2015 which means the car is not receiving any push MAP updates! Towards the end of the day, I received a call from my advisor asking me to leave it with them for another day as they are trying to figure out how to get these features back. She advised that they are working with BMW ConnectedDrive team to get to the bottom of this issue.

Any ideas what might have happened and why I lost all of these features?

On the positive side, I have a 2019 330i loaner with the new iDrive. I have to say I like more the iDrive/Dash that I have in the 750i than the new one! One feature to note on the 330 which I like, is when you approach the car the lights flashes but does not unlock unless you touch the door handle. Thanks
You mean weather and news are completely gone from the menu or just blanked out? Make sure those items were checkboxed in Connected Drive menu to appear on the desktop.
Software update is only for the Evo system (Telephone, Media and Navi) and does NOT affect the base map date (your map basis will always reflect whatever version it was equipped when produced, unless you update it with new map data, which BMW doesn't do). You can go into Connected Drive account setting and pick your region, and the system will automatically update the maps in that region (the it will take awhile get to 2019-2, because it has to go through each update sequentially, eg. 2015-4, 2016-1, 2016-2, etc). BTW, what's the latest version of the software?
Appreciate 0