View Single Post
      10-20-2021, 07:41 PM   #219
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fravel View Post
Yeah, you completely missed the point of the original statement. It's not about why someone in one place is paid more than the person in another place, it's about what people can get for their money in one place vs. the other.

$100k goes a lot farther in Alabama than it does in Cali - to wit, it's a lot more financially feasible to drive a $100k car in Alabama than it is in Cali, since the person in Alabama is paying a fraction of what the person in Cali is for housing/food/gas/utilities.
I know, I just picked on an assessment that can just be true or not depending on the context instead of contributing to the thread.

And still, do you mean to tell me a $100k car is a more common thing in Alabama than it is in Cali? Driving a stand out car can be just a trouble that you'll get for your money: it should attract too much envious/criminal attention. I mean, once you can afford a $100k car it might be the time to move from Alabama to California.

It just reminded me of an anecdote. A person went to buy a Corolla but the salesman convinced him a Land Cruiser was much better. So the person sold his house and bought a Land Cruiser.
Appreciate 0