View Single Post
      07-12-2020, 01:15 PM   #2
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

Hi everyone,

Hope all is well.

Dealer replaced both front wheel bearings and both upper and both lower control arms.

I was told the car was ready for pick up, but upon a road testing to ensure the noise was gone, it’s now worse than before!

How the dealer told me the car was ready is beyond me. They apparently did not road test after the work!

They then get back to me stating the radiator support is cracked and has play, which would be an additional $1,500.

I visit and they show me the crack. Pictures attached. I google and find part number 17117575245, which retails for less than $200. Not sure where they get $1,500 for a less than $200 part? Could they really think I’d believe there’s a whole work day of labor involved?

The play is such that if you push up on the support where it’s cracked, it shifts up, whereas it doesn’t on the side that’s not cracked.

I suppose the front bumper needs to be removed to see what if anything else is damaged, but any thoughts on whether or not this one part is likely the cause of the sound?

Also, is this one part the only part holding the radiator in place, or are other parts holding it in place as well? (meaning that those other parts may be damaged too)

Guess I’ll need to take the car to a body shop. :|

Thank you.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0