TrafficJam
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW M3, 2017 BMW M760I

Garage List
2017 BMW M760i  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
M760 Bushing Leaking. Need a new Control Arm?

So I have my M760 for 15 months now, everything is good except rims and tires. I got the car come in with GoodYear Eagle F1 AS2 run-flat and they are super hard. I hit a pothole and destroy one front tire on the first day i got the car. In the next 8 months, I got bubbles continuously and have to replace both front tires again. I also repair a rim bent once. But the car never rides perfect, and will always behave horrible when hitting potholes. Then I ditch all run-flat and put on Michelles, the car gets softer, handle potholes a bit better but still not smooth. Initially I thought it was bad balance, but after getting balance twice, still not good.

Finally, I decided to bring in for a full rim inspection yesterday. Ending up got all four wheels bent. But after I drop off the car and get back home, I found some black liquid on the garage floor. It look very recent and is still in liquid form. Later on the rim shop also inform me about this, they think my passenger side bushing is leaking (never knew that bushing are fill with fluid). They sent me photos and I feel like it is a bad leak and seems like it just happened (judge based on the liquid form). I am not sure how this happened? Maybe because I hit a pothole on that side during the thanksgiving weekend?

Now the car is pretty smooth on highway. Unfortunately, I certainly need to bring it into the shop again because of this leak. Do you guys think it is still safe to drive this car around for a few days before I bring it in? Also, does any of you guys encounter this problem before? Does replacing the control arm solves the problem? Thanks!

In the end, I always try to avoid potholes whenever I can. But sometimes those can catch you off guard. Also, I feel like the 7 series is bad at dealing with potholes (even without run-flat), especially in the front. I am not sure if it is because the heavy V12 or the 20" wheels.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0