CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
You all are proving my points about how much of a disaster this virtual learning thing is and has been. The stupidity of the school administrators that think they were ready for this is just appalling. Add to this the harm they're doing to the very young kids that require in class teaching. I'm so glad I was able to get my daughter into a private school that is doing in class teaching. A private school that has been able to figure out how to do in class teaching successfully. A private school that has remained open the entire time since this craziness of the lock downs were dropped down on us. Not one incident of infection at all. One month without an infection one would say they are probably lucky. Two months, maybe more luck. But going on 6+ months, there's more than luck involved and I attribute it to good administrative planning/leadership.

When the dusts settles, this should be a wake up call for all the parents to look into cleaning house with all the school administrators that sat on their hands for months doing absolutely nothing until school was about to start. And to add to the data points, the kick off of schooling around the DC Metro area has numerous school districts reporting outages and other issues with their online learning systems.

Nothing against teachers, but many of these school administrators are just teachers who have worked there long enough. They really have zero business sense which is what is needed to run the district efficiently. A lot of these people have no concept of technology, which like it or not is a large part of their job these days.

There are so many angles where the issues stem from. Some teachers are great at adapting (usually younger, but not always) while others (usually older, who have less job loss risk) are basically refusing to adapt or even use technology. Combine this with practically zero training on a lot of these now required platforms, a lack of decent and functioning technology, and leadership that can't find it's way out of a paper bag, and it's not surprising there are so many issues.
Appreciate 0