View Single Post
      11-17-2018, 09:10 AM   #62
jdcrammond
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 750iXDrive

Reading all these posts and felt I needed to pitch in. I have owned 6 BMWs in my life. Most recently bought a medium mileage 2011 750ixdrive about 90 j on it. Car is mint. BUT I knew I would likely face the oil seal issue. I checkseked eight he dealer and all CCP matters had been handled under original owner warranty. Car is two owner and I am second. I purchased a third party warranty for 3600 dollars
In my first three months I put 4 k on the car. One day noticed the dreaded blue smoke after idle. Took it to BMW Toronto and they said get a new engine for 22 k and by the way we don’t allow third party warranty work on our promises. I did some inquiring and found the top and I mean top BMW Indy garage in Toronto. They had now issue with my warranty and fought hard to. Heave the tire engine rebuild done under my warranty and succeeded. All except the walnut blasting on the manifolds I take and exhaust. Every pipe and clamp in the valley was replaced as all had degraded. Car is back and runs better than new plus. I know the parts that were replaced are the newer versions of stuff that was not up to standard such as seals and coolant hoses. Had einjectorabcleaned which had already been replaced under CCP. I needed up out of pocket for a walnut blast and oil level sensor and half a dozen clamps. The owner of the Indy shop told me that in his view and he has done a lot of N63 engines the rebuild is almost required maintenance on these at 100k.
Moral of the story but the best history car you can then spend the extra on the top end after market warranty and never worry again. If it’s a used car don’t beat the crap out of it. If it’s N63 change the oils every 3,000 km and don’t believe the lifetime trans fluid story. I have mine done recently and smooth as butter with NO repercussions. Also a NEVER run any ethanol fuel. Up here in Canada She’ll 91 is pure gas and changed my car completely These engine management systems do NOT like ethanol. For those that use snow tires I put on a set of TOYO 20 inch staggered and they are awesome in the snow just last weekend. This car is more than heavy enough to run staggered in the winter. My MB has Hankook and just as good. Bottom line is I good warrant nconstsnt upkeep manintance and don’t beat the shit out of the car. I drive mine 90 percent of the time in comfort mode but kick it when I feel like it. They were built to compete with a Bentley continental basically so that’s the ride and the cost you get.

Last edited by jdcrammond; 11-17-2018 at 09:26 AM..
Appreciate 0