View Single Post
      05-29-2020, 09:22 PM   #6
Douggefreshvt
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 750xi

I bought a 2016 750i in August last year with 54k miles. Intent is to keep for around 5-6 years. My typical mileage is about 18-20k per year but this year is way down due to pandemic. This may push me to keep longer.

Also, my wife has an SUV which we now take on longer road trips to haul all the kid stuff. Most of it can fit in the 7 but not with a stroller/Veer wagon as well. I would do a roof rack but there isn't an integrated system for mine I think because of panoramic glass. I don't want some cheesy looking 3rd party rack that could possibly scratch the paint. I digress...

So for what it is worth, I bought the big V8 and I intend to keep it a while. I am heartened by the fact that the CCP was done right before I purchased and many of the reliability issues of the N63 have supposedly been addressed. I love the car and have had no issues. I have not driven the 740 but I suspect it would feel very underpowered to me based on what I'm used to. I have driven both the 6 and 8 cylinder in the X7 and the 8 is far superior in my opinion.
Appreciate 0