Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 i7

Garage List
2023 BMW I7  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin7er View Post
I have my eSim connected and my iPhone is linked to the car and the eSim.

When I call someone from the car using the voice activation, the car makes the call and the screen says they are calling the person "via Personal eSim". If I dial the number from the screen it says the same thing.

If I call that same person from my iPhone, it says they are calling this person "via XXXXXX's iPhone. I am trying to find out if this is normal behavior. I would assume if you call from your phone, and the eSim is connected and linked to your phone, why would it not use the eSim and say, calling "via Personal eSim.

I know the eSim is working because I can call from the car without my phone, but when I use my phone it does not go through the eSim.

Can anyone that has the eSim connected please confirm how their phone works with the eSim? More clearly put, the question is, when you use your iPhone to make a call, does the BMW screen say you are calling "via your iPhone" or "via your Personal eSim" assuming you are connected to bluetooth and your iPhone is linked to your eSim in the eSim menu.
I’m experiencing the exact same thing
Appreciate 0